The Bat and the Cat

About George

I am a reasonably successful self-published author ("successful" means I can pay the bills and am highly rated in my Amazon category), former financial advisor (writing is more fun), and have something in common with Mitt Romney and Donny Osmond. Guess.
This entry was posted in Movie Reviews and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Bat and the Cat

1. Paul (Drak Bibliophile) Howard says:

What about the Bat and the Cat?

Is this about the new Batman movie?

• George says:

Well fudge. I wrote a whole post talking about catching The Batman in the theater today and telling everyone to Go. See. It. It was fantastic, eloquent, lyrical. My review of the show, that is. And my PC ate it somehow. Also, I’m not able to update anything in that “post.”

I’m not going to rewrite it. Just GO SEE THE BATMAN. I’ll analyze it later with spoilers.

• Steve Smith says:

It was very good. DC FINALLY figured out how to make a good live action movie with super heroes in it. It only took them way too many years…

2. Kyrielle says:

Was this supposed to post with no content? Or did a cat step on the keyboard? 🙂

3. Terry Mullins says:

To err is human. To really muck up requires a computer

4. Miguel L Valdespino says:

I second this. I’m not going to do spoilers, but I’ll mention two themes that might affect your decision to see this or not.
    This movie is more about Batman-as-Detective than Batman-as-Martial-Artist. There are fights, but it’s not the main thrust of the movie.
    This movie uses Batman-as-Human, not Batman-as-Demigod. He’s smart, but not a supergenius. He’s tough, but not invulnerable.

5. Krenn says:

eh, I still say it needed more costuming. It’s just not the SAME if Penguin, Riddler, and Bruce Wayne aren’t clearly wearing well-tailored costumes.

(Bruce Wayne wears a ‘tuxedo playboy’ costume. Rules are Rules.)

6. Big Shadow says:

Will there be any Muslim superheroes in wearing the cape?

• George says:

I don’t explicitly reference the religions of most capes, and haven’t featured any religious-themed capes (well, Chakra comes close, but tantra isn’t so much a religion as a philosophy), but one member of the Continental Guard (Europe’s big team) is a French-Algerian terrakinetic named Terrassiere, and he is Muslim. And then of course there’s Abd-al-Salam (Servant of Peace), Ibrahim Darvish. “Code name” aside, he’d be the last to consider himself a superhero but he’s one of the most heroic breakthroughs around, in my mind.

• Big Shadow says:

Awesome to hear, got any plans for spin-offs in this universe also what is the superhero/supervillain situation in Canada?

• George says:

Capes, coming later this year. And yes, Canada has superheroes.

• Big Shadow says:

So does this mean Astra’s story ends in book 9 or will Capes be a about her new team The Joyeuse Guard? Also will you ever do like a Year one story for The Sentinels?

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 8:39 PM Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. wrote:

> George commented: “Capes, coming later this year. And yes, Canada has > superheroes.” >

• Paul (Drak Bibliophile) Howard says:

Obviously I’m not George but I got the impression that Astra/Hope isn’t “going away” but he wanted to write about other aspects of the Wearing The Cape universe.

• George says:

Books 1-9 are, unofficially, Astra’s Story years 1-3. They mostly take place roughly 6 months apart, and Book 1 and Book 9 both unfold over the course of months as well.

With Book 9 done, I’m writing a story about completely different characters. I want to play with parts of the Post-Event World that really can’t be covered by my current lineup. However, I’ll most certainly get back to more Astra stories.

• Big Shadow says:

Cool any chances you will do a story of The China War or a prequel set in the early days of superheroes?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 12:27 PM Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. wrote:

> George commented: “Books 1-9 are, unofficially, Astra’s Story years 1-3. > They mostly take place roughly 6 months apart, and Book 1 and Book 9 both > unfold over the course of months as well. With Book 9 done, I’m writing a > story about completely different characters. I want ” > Respond to this comment by replying above this line > > New comment on *Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. > * > > > *George* commented > > on The Bat and the Cat > . > > in response to *Big Shadow*: > > So does this mean Astra’s story ends in book 9 or will Capes be a about > her new team The Joyeuse Guard? Also will you ever do like a Year one story > for The Sentinels? On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 8:39 PM Marion Harmon, A Writer >

• George says:

We’ll see. I’d need to write much faster than I am currently to get around to those types of stories.

• Big Shadow says:

Cool any plans for a graphic novel?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 6:00 PM Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. wrote:

> George commented: “We’ll see. I’d need to write much faster than I am > currently to get around to those types of stories.” > Respond to this comment by replying above this line > > New comment on *Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. > * > > > *George* commented > > on The Bat and the Cat > . > > in response to *Big Shadow*: > > Cool any chances you will do a story of The China War or a prequel set in > the early days of superheroes? On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 12:27 PM Mari

• George says:

No “plans.” Dreams, though. Dreams.

• Big Shadow says:

Hope that dream comes true, and maybe a cartoon set in this universe.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 2:29 PM Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. wrote:

> George commented: “No “plans.” Dreams, though. Dreams.” > Respond to this comment by replying above this line > > New comment on *Marion Harmon, A Writer in Vegas. > * > > > *George* commented > > on The Bat and the Cat > . > > in response to *Big Shadow*: > > Cool any plans for a graphic novel? On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 6:00 PM Mari

7. Randal Trimmer says:

ONLY A SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE TRAILERS
    I couldn’t help but speculate how many unlucky (fictional) people, some of them children, died or were maimed , burned or merely scarred up as collateral damage in that car chase.